Newton Falls ~
Newton Falls is a hamlet which was named for James Newton, who built a sawmill in 1894. This became the Newton Falls Paper Mill, which is now closed. It was constructed as a mill town and includes several Sears houses on the hill on the Newton Falls Road (County Route 60). In 1925 Newton Falls was a very active town with more than 800 residents, even at one time sustaining an A&P Grocery Store; However, the closing of the Mines and of the Paper Mill has brought with it a dwindling population of less than half of what it was.